Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Employment

Spring semester of 2010 I had an internship at Oklahoma Today magazine. It was a great experience and I really enjoyed it. Oklahoma Today is a bimonthly magazine that is ran by the Oklahoma Tourism Department. I commuted to their office in downtown OKC three times a week. My internship was unpaid but I received credit hours for it. My duties consisted of fact checking, researching, and some opportunities to be published. In the May/June 2010 issue I wrote the Events Guide and a side story in the Events Guide. In the the July/August 2010 issue I wrote the Native American Events Guide and the Where Are You? piece. I learned many skills that I will take with me into the work force. Working for the magazine also instilled in me a greater appreciation for the state of Oklahoma. In closing.... I am now unemployed and seeking a job.... Suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. That sounds cool. I've actually read that mag a few times.
    As for jobs, keep blogging and you too can make $18 a year! ;) Seriously though, any chance OK Today would hire ya?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yea i loved it! umm i doubt they would hire me. they're a pretty small staff and they get interns every semester. but i'll keep my fingers crossed! :)

    ReplyDelete