Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What's that green goo on the bottom of my shoe?

My least favorite thing that happens on campus is when I'm walking and start to feel one of my shoes slipping when it scuffs along the sidewalk... And I immediately know that i have fallen victim to the green-pooping monsters.

Canada Geese. Not to be confused with "Canadian" Geese, which in fact do not exist. They're all over UCO campus. And their poop is green and everywhere also. The bad thing about this is that it blends in with the grass. I average stepping in it at least a few times every semester.

But what I'm wondering is... Why is it green? Is it something they're drinking/eating? If so, what's in Brocncho Lake? Everyone always jokes about how nasty Broncho Lake is... Maybe there's something to these rumors.

Anyone know?

10 comments:

  1. hahah...I don't know why it's green..but it IS gross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate those geese! But then I am deathly afraid of all birds. So I avoid them at all costs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what that could be...maybe it's a bunch of algae or somthing. All I do know is that all lakes have gross things at the bottom. I miss the beach... at least I know it's only sea weed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I hadn't noticed. I stay on the sidewalks. :p
    Sounds like you might have an investigative story there. The facts on crap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha! just checked your shoes to make sure you didnt bring ne in! dont u love walking over the sign that says dont walk on the grass maybe theres a reson for that sign, either way i still do so!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know Broncho lake used to just be a big hole on campus that used to get filled up with water everytime it rained,all the students would call it broncho lake as a joke. So they finally decided to actaully make a lake in that area.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! The poop sucks, but I like feeding them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's not just here, but anywhere the geese hang out. I used to live in Del City and spent a lot of time at Eagle Lake, and there are tons of geese there! One actually pooped on my shoe! My shoes were bright pink and the poop is green. Not a pretty sight!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is pretty nasty! I walked by a group of geese yesterday and one of them actually squawked at me it was kind of scary...

    ReplyDelete